Diarrhea is a natural issue for children that involves watery, loose, and feasibly repeated bowel movements. Sometimes it happens solitarily, and sometimes with other symptoms like nausea, lower abdominal pain, etc. If this disease is untreated or gets neglected, it can lead to dehydration, irritable bowel syndrome, or such complexities.
Fortunately, diarrhea persists within a few days and is cured with proper medication. If your baby is suffering from loss of appetite, frequent bowel movements having abdominal pain consult immediately the best pediatrician doctors in Siliguri for treatment.
The symptoms of diarrhea include:
- Lower abdominal pain
- Loss of appetite
- Unaantural loss of weight
- Frequent bowel movement
- Blood stool
- Mucus in stool
The reason behind diarrhea is generally unknown. The most popular reason for diarrhea is a virus that affects your child’s gastroenteritis system. Diarrhea or in the other name intestinal flu generally suffers for two to three days. Some other possible causes of diarrhea are:
- Infection grow for other life form or previous toxin effect
- Infection because of food disorder
- Medication effect
- Allergy or intolerance on particular food items
- Poor absorption system that your child has
- Infection by bacteria
Generally, diarrhea cannot require any medical attention until it gets worsen. You should hydrate your child properly and provide him or her with a light-balanced diet in this situation. If the condition gets severe, your pediatrician advise you to do some tests including:
- Your child's doctor asked you about the mother’s current health condition if the baby is in the breastfeeding stage.
- Your pediatrician learns the baby’s family history and travel history. The doctor just wants to know either your baby can be contacted by any ailing person within a few days.
- Your baby doctor advises the child for a stool test to examine blood, bacteria, infection, and inflammatory markers.
- The doctor checks up the breathing system of your baby to confirm fructose, lactose intolerance, or severe bacterial growth.
- Your pediatrician also advises you to do an endoscopic test of your baby to determine ulcers or other complex abdominal issues.
In maximum cases, you can treat your elder child at home if diarrhea is less complicated by a light soupy diet with plenty of water and ORS to avoid dehydration. While diarrhea comes to your baby with fever or blood in stool, you must consult a pediatrician near you for advice.
On the other hand, if your baby is suffering from diarrhea over a long period, visit the best pediatrician doctors in Siliguri to get the best treatment regarding the antibiotic or prebiotic medication as per symptoms.
Whether diarrhea is responsible for IBD or IBS disease, the care provider then uses some medicine to demise it first. Always discuss with your doctor before giving your baby any antibiotic or prebiotic medications.